Listing an item on letgo takes less than 60 seconds. Here’s how it’s done.
Have stuff to sell? We’re here to make it fun and easy for you. Our tagline isn’t a joke—it’s really as simple as snap, post, chat, and sell thanks to our image recognition technology and in-app chat feature. If you’re ready to let go of your items and make some extra cash, then we’re ready to show you how. Here’s your step-by-step guide to posting a listing on letgo in less than a minute.
- Start by downloading and opening the letgo app, which is available on both Apple and Android devices.
- Tap the “Sell Your Stuff” button at the bottom of the app.
- The camera will open. (Make sure you give letgo permission to access your camera and photo library!) Either select a photo from your camera roll or take a new photo of your item. Before hitting “post,” double check that your image is clear, in focus, and well-lit so potential buyers get an accurate view of what they’re about to buy.
- Set a reasonable price or opt to give your item away for free by using the toggle button just below the price field. When you’re ready, tap “done.”
- Select the correct category for your item.
- Once at the “Congratulations! Your listing has been posted” screen, you may either opt to “Post another item” or “Add more details” to the one you were just working on.
- In the demo below, we opted to add more information and additional images to our first listing by tapping “Add more details.”
On the “Edit Product” screen, you may add up to 5 photos of your item. Use these to show off the product from different angles or any necessary detail shots.
This is also where you can add additional info to your listing including a category, title, and description. If you choose not to edit the title of your listing, the app will auto-generate one for you using our image recognition software. (Total time saver!) Please note that the item description cannot include personal information such as phone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, or web URLs.
When you’re done, tap “Save changes” at the bottom of the screen.
- Voila! You did it! Rinse and repeat as many times as you’d like. There’s no limit on how many items you can post.
Bonus tips that may help you sell your items faster:
• Be sure to provide quick responses to inquiries about your item.
• Take clear, well-lit photos of your item. Avoid having other items in the frame.
• Make sure your listing's title is accurate and clear.
• Use relevant keywords in the item's description, such as brand, condition, size, etc.
• Check out similar items to make sure your price is fair.
• Attract more buyers by featuring your item via the “Sell faster now” button on the item page.
• Take a minute to share your listing on your social networks to give it some extra visibility.
If you need further assistance, you can always reach out to us here. Happy listing!